Green Screen (Interreg)
Greening the creative industries: improving policy practices for the European Audiovisual Industry
Green Screen is an Interreg Europe funded partnership project working across eight EU regions to improve policies and achieve measurable success in reducing the carbon footprint of the film and TV industries. These industries are a successful driver for growth across Europe, and an important contributor to the creative industries within the European economy. From 2010 to 2014, 7,769 feature films were produced in the EU and five of the world’s top 10 markets for producing films are based in Europe (these being the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy). Green Screen aims to align the practices of these successful industries, standardise environmental practices and improve regional policies so that sustainable measures for producing films, TV and audiovisual content can be adopted across Europe. Through Green Screen, participating regions will improve policies to motivate and equip the current and future workforce to adopt sustainable practices and thus reduce CO2 emissions.
The project runs from 2017 to 2021 and partners include
* Film London (UK) – Lead Partner
* Bucharest Ilfov Regional Development Agency (Romania)
* Flanders Audiovisual Fund (Belgium)
* Ile-de-France Film Commission (France)
* Municipality of Ystad (Sweden)
* Municipal Company of Initiatives of Malaga S.A. – Promlaga (Spain)
* Rzeszow Regional Development Agency (Poland)
* Regional Development Agency Senec – Pezinok (Slovakia)
* Greenshoot (UK) as advisory partner
The project is funded by the EU’s Interreg Europe programme through the European Regional Development Fund.